hiatus

Nathan Walp nwalp at pidgin.im
Sat Dec 29 10:20:42 EST 2007

Hi all,

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around much.  The
original cause was moving to a new state and starting a new job.  The
current cause is loving that new job.  I'm having a blast, but it has
definitely cut into the amount of time I have available to devote to
Pidgin and libpurple.

So, I guess I'll make it official and declare myself to be on hiatus.  I
say this mainly because the list of bugs assigned to me seems to grow by
the day, and I'm just not going to get to them any time soon.  That
isn't fair to everyone else, and I apologize as this email probably
should have come sooner.

As far as my position on the board goes, luckily the time commitment
there is relatively minor, as are the duties.  I'll happily remain on
the board, unless there's consensus that I should do otherwise.

I'll still do some work on pidgin/libpurple, but I wouldn't expect too
much from me.  Luckily, with several new developers and CPWs,
development hasn't seemed to slow in my absence.  You guys have no idea
how pleased I am about that.

Thanks all, and have a happy new year!

-Nathan