Meeting minutes/log on imfreedom.org website

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Sat May 31 09:34:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 01:26:23AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> Hey Luke (or anyone, really), do you have the minutes and/or a log from our
> two board meetings?  Do people think it's a good idea to put that on the
> imfreedom.org website?  I'm in favor of it.
>
> I checked the website into mtn, by the way (with help from Ethan).  You should
> be able to check it out from the org.imfreedom.www branch.
>
> -Mark

Minutes of the last two meetings are attached.  I also have logs of
each.

Luke

-------------- next part --------------
Luke Schierer, Ethan Blanton, Evan Schoenberg, Nathan Walp & Sean Egan in attendence.

Mark Doliner and Mark Spencer absent.

Sean:
	Legal obligations resolved until 20080504, when we can no longer use "Gaim".  Non-profit status not yet filed.

Elb:
	We have $7,996.64 in account.  We have taken in $15,000 of which $3,000 was held for Adium and disbursed to them.
	We have spent $3,090.96 on artwork.
	We have spent $26 on wire fees.
	We have spent 103.87 on credit card processing.
	We have spent $7.63 on postage.
	We have spent $775 on legal fees.
Luke:
	Reported on Server costs and explained the advantages of a server.

The board voted to defer this decision pending more research.

The board unanimously voted that the vp continue to look into the possibilities of selling Pidgin tee-shirts and other merchandise.

The board unanimously voted that a webpage for imfreedom be created.

The board unanimously voted to create discussion at imfreedom.org

The board voted that the president would invite devel at pidgin.im and adium-devl at adiumx.com to disccusion at imfreedom.org

The board voted to re-elect all officers.

The board voted that an agenda would be published no less than one week in advance of the meeting.

The board voted that:
	Any proposal dealing with the expenditure of more than a total of $100 (either as a one-time cost, or the sum of recurring expenditures), must be proposed at least one week before votes are collected.  It may either be proposed for an email vote with one week of notice, or proposed for vote at a board meeting, provided that the text of the proposal is present in the meeting agenda one week in advance.

The board voted that the website contain the following:
	1) A statement clarifying that IM Freedom, Inc. does not direct the day-to-day development of Pidgin, libpurple, Adium, or any libpurple related project.
	2) A statement that any funds donated to IM Freedom, Inc. in no way entitle the donator to any special privileges or control over the activites of IM Freedom, Inc. or the disbursment of their donation.