2009 Board Meeting

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 3 23:04:07 EST 2009

Sean Egan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Let us try to meet some time the week of the 24th or Dec 1st. These
> two week straddle Thanksgiving, so let me know if either week is
> better or worse for you. I'm thinking Tuesday evening EST, which is
> the day and time we've met in the past.

I am currently unaware of any specific conflicts during this time
period; obviously the 25th, 26th, and 27th are likely to be bad.
Either Tuesday is workable.

> >From now until the meeting, I am accepting items for the agenda, and
> nominations for directors and officers. I do not wish to be
> re-nominated as President this year; do speak up if you do not wish to
> be re-nominated for your current directorship of officership, so we
> know which roles we need to fill.

Zac West has approached me about Adium joining IMF.  They wish to join
our umbrella, and are willing to provide financial and manpower
support to IMF in return.  I think we should take a vote on whether or
not we wish to accept the Adium project as an official addition to
IMF.  I have attached a copy of his rough proposal, with his
permission.  (Note that we voted to invite Adium to join IMF in 2005
or so, so I don't anticipate this being controversial.)

I would also like to discuss either engaging the donation system or
letting the processing mechanism die; perhaps set a hard deadline by
which point we must either have donations working, or cancel the
processing.  (One of the two processing fees is no longer showing up
on our accounts anyway, probably due to a snafu in our bank
changeover.)

Finally, I would like to discuss an extension of the board to include
two new members.  Response times for "active" members are long, and
the number of inactive members is growing.  If we want to keep IMF
healthy, we need an active board; one way to do this is member
turnover, and another is ensuring a large enough board that a quorum
can be reached effectively.

Note that we don't have to *do* anything with either of the latter two
items during the meeting, necessarily.  If people are interested, I
can hammer together statements for an official vote during the
meeting, or we can discuss them at the meeting, between now and the
meeting, or in some other time frame, and vote by email.

Regarding Adium, I suggest that we vote during the meeting on
inclusion, and finalize the details between ourselves and Adium after
the fact.

I am ambivalent about keeping the position of Treasurer.  If someone
wants it, let me (or the board) know.  I am also willing to keep this
position.  I am likewise willing to continue on the board.

Ethan

--
determined to commit crimes.