2009 Board Meeting

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Nov 5 03:18:19 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im> wrote:
>> >From now until the meeting, I am accepting items for the agenda, and
>> nominations for directors and officers. I do not wish to be
>> re-nominated as President this year; do speak up if you do not wish to
>> be re-nominated for your current directorship of officership, so we
>> know which roles we need to fill.
>
> Zac West has approached me about Adium joining IMF.  They wish to join
> our umbrella, and are willing to provide financial and manpower
> support to IMF in return.  I think we should take a vote on whether or
> not we wish to accept the Adium project as an official addition to
> IMF.  I have attached a copy of his rough proposal, with his
> permission.  (Note that we voted to invite Adium to join IMF in 2005
> or so, so I don't anticipate this being controversial.)

I'm in favor of voting on this.  I like Adium, I like Zac and Evan,
and I love their proposal.

> I would also like to discuss either engaging the donation system or
> letting the processing mechanism die; perhaps set a hard deadline by
> which point we must either have donations working, or cancel the
> processing.  (One of the two processing fees is no longer showing up
> on our accounts anyway, probably due to a snafu in our bank
> changeover.)
>
> Finally, I would like to discuss an extension of the board to include
> two new members.  Response times for "active" members are long, and
> the number of inactive members is growing.  If we want to keep IMF
> healthy, we need an active board; one way to do this is member
> turnover, and another is ensuring a large enough board that a quorum
> can be reached effectively.
>
> Note that we don't have to *do* anything with either of the latter two
> items during the meeting, necessarily.  If people are interested, I
> can hammer together statements for an official vote during the
> meeting, or we can discuss them at the meeting, between now and the
> meeting, or in some other time frame, and vote by email.

I think it would be great if we could vote on these at the meeting.  I
think it would be more efficient than email voting.  But I certainly
won't hold it against you if you don't hammer together statements
beforehand.

> Regarding Adium, I suggest that we vote during the meeting on
> inclusion, and finalize the details between ourselves and Adium after
> the fact.

That sounds good to me.

-Mark