State of Things

Richard Laager rlaager at pidgin.im
Thu Dec 1 17:43:44 EST 2022

Board,

I propose that we offer Gary $4,000, upon completion, for the task of
moving email. Gary talked in specifics, but the broad requirements are:

- The outdated rock.pidgin.im is eliminated.

- Pidgin gets a Discourse.

   - Gary makes a reasonable attempt to integrate the authentication
     with Hub. If this takes more than 4 hours with no good progress,
     he can abandon that at his discretion.

   - Gary makes a reasonable attempt to preserve the existing mailing
     list website as a static site. If this takes more than 4 hours
     with no good progress, he can abandon that at his discretion.

- Hosted via a third party:

   - Pidgin retains outbound email for ReviewBoard, etc.

   - Pidgin retains email forwarders (individual and/or group) with Gary
     providing the specifics of which addresses forward where.

   - IMF retains a board@ address that forwards to members of the board.

--
Richard