State of Things

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Nov 30 21:15:35 EST 2022

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 4:23 PM Matthew <matthew at ei8ht.us> wrote:
> Regarding getting sign-off, how many people need to chime in for that, a majority? I think we only had three people respond last time.

I just mentioned this to Gary a bit ago, but as far as the projects
are concerned, Gary can do whatever he wants for Pidgin, libpurple,
and Finch and the board doesn't need to approve anything unless the
project is asking us to pay for something.  The only thing we as the
IM Freedom board would need to approve aside from expenditures is
stuff that directly affects the corporation, such as changes to this
list.  And even then, I don't know that a full formal vote is
necessary as long as we have consensus.  My personal view on it is, as
long as we have continuity to continue to do the minimal things we do,
whatever keeps us going without spending a fortune or putting undue
burden on any one person, especially Gary, feels reasonable.

John