Cross-project collaboration project

Youness Alaoui kakaroto at kakaroto.homelinux.net
Thu Dec 20 04:18:47 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 04:02:52AM -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:42:34 -0500, Evan Schoenberg wrote
> > On Dec 18, 2007, at 4:29 PM, "Sean Egan" <seanegan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > IM Freedom would
> > > also take liability for all the documentation, to protect individual
> > > contributors if we get accused of revealing trade secrets or
> > > something.
> > >
> > > I believe our rules say that all issues should be brought up for
> > > debate on e-mail one week before a vote, so please discuss away.
> >
> > I think it's a great idea and also a fantastic first imfreedom-as-
> > imfreedom effort.
> >
> > To maximize legal protection, I think we should ask that copyright
> > for  all protocol documentation and sample code be assigned to
> > imfreedom...  But IANAL. Sean, could you ask the lawyers if this is
> > the right  practice and, if so, if anything specific is involved in
> > its execution?
>
> I'm totally in favor of this.  So Youness Alaoui supports this idea, too?  And
> he intends to help get things started (initial set up, spreading the word
> around, etc)?
>
> -Mark

Yes, I do support the idea, we're ready to start documenting under IMFreedom. About the copyright, I don't know what others thing, but
for me, as long as good documentation *exists* I'm satisfied. Giving credits to those who wrote it would certainly be needed though.
It seems the word has spread around on its own, we're many people from different projects getting together already. I don't mind
looking for other clients and doc writers from msnpiki and announcing this to msnfanatic forums and stuff. Others who know who/where to
spread the word for other protocols should take care of it as I don't intend to start finding out docs/forums/clients for protocols I
never heard of...
For the initial set up, we're waiting for Sean Egan who said he'll set up mediawiki for us to start the docs ASAP.

KaKaRoTo