pidginim.org and pidginim.com

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Mon Sep 24 12:50:50 EDT 2007

Sean asked me to look at transfering pidginim.com and pidginim.org to
our control from the person offering them to us.

While we have trivially set them up to point to the same ip as
homing.pidgin.im, transfering them requires somewhat more work.

Most importantly, transfering them requires I pay $8.95 per domain for a
1 year registration, and $134.72 per domain for a 10 year registration
(there are a range of prices between these).  This is using dotster, the
registrar I used for imfreedom.org (and for some of my personal
domains).  pidgin.im itself was donated, but was not transfered to our
control.

luke