Vote to close credit card processing accounts.

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Fri Apr 15 21:54:26 EDT 2011

Evan Schoenberg, M.D. spake unto us the following wisdom:
> On Apr 15, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Sean Egan wrote:
>
> > In our very first board meeting, we decided to open credit-card
> > processing accounts with Pinnacle Processing Group and Authorize.net
> > to accept credit card payments for donations. To date, we have not
> > processed a single such payment, but have been paying $30/mo ($25 to
> > Pinnacle and $5 to Authorize.net) in service charges [1]. I propose a
> > vote to cancel these accounts. If there are no objections/amendments,
> > we can begin voting April 23rd. I will send out another e-mail then.
> >
> > Proposal:
> > Shall IM Freedom Inc. cancel its accounts with Pinnacle Processing
> > Group and Authorize.net?
>
> In keeping with apparent tradition of voting before voting is open:

Yeah, that's my fault.  Hilariously, the minutes on record a couple of
years ago record me reminding everyone we have to do that.

I think we should actually have a proposition which can actually be
voted 'yea' or 'nay', actually.  The above isn't really so much a
'proposal' as a 'question'.  I think you can only confuse those terms
where marriage is involved.

However it works out, I'm going to vote to not spend money on
something we're not using whenever I'm actually allowed to do that.
;-)

Ethan