Will Pidgin implement the new echo protocol for chat?

Randolph D. rdohm321 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 16:07:03 EDT 2013

2013/8/5 Jorge Villaseñor <salinasv at gmail.com>

> > Hi , as there is a new chat protocol out, which is called echo protocol;
> it is based on libspoton, found here in the SVN:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/spot-on/code/commit_browser
> >
> > a first chat client, which deploys it is this:
> >
> > http://goldbug.sourceforge.net/
> >

> basically if someone is interested in implementing a new protocol, he/she
> starts doing so. If that person is one of the libpurple developers, cpw or
> so, and the code meets some criteria (take as example skype plugin which is
> developed by one of us but have some licenses conflict) it will get into
> the main tree. If it is developed by someone else, it can be deployed as
> third party plugin.
>
> In short, someone should want to implement it, write the code and then
> everything is easy.

Dear Jorge, thanks for the feedback, that describes the process. I remember
that I once talked with the skype plugin developer, must have been years
ago. He told me, that it was a nightmare to add this thing, because no one
wanted it :-P
Will you be volunteering to develop this protocol integration? Who is cpw?
Should we  join a talk?