2020 Board Meeting

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Feb 25 21:38:20 EST 2020

With April right around the corner we should probably be start talking
about and scheduling our annual board meeting.

The date/time of the meeting doesn't matter to me, I'll be there.
However, I intend to bring up new business of folding the foundation.

It's become adamantly clear to me that the current state of this
foundation is incapable of being productive and should be folded.
Unfortunately, we have nothing in our bylaws about folding the company,
so I have no idea where we should go from here.  That said, I think that
Pidgin and Adium's best interests could be represented by SPI[1] or the
SFC[2].

That's my piece and I'm not going to waste any more time debating it.
If you really believe that we can be productive and should keep the
foundation around, then please step the hell up and get stuff done.  I
have been trying to get our address fixed for 3 years now, and all I
know is who our registered agent is, with no way of contacting them, or
proving my relation to the foundation to them.  Also, I am not a
accountant, but our history of tax filing seems to be laughable at best [3].

[1] http://www.spi-inc.org/

[2] https://sfconservancy.org/

[3]
https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/displayAll.do?dispatchMethod=displayAllInfo&Id=5053696&ein=593837808&country=US&deductibility=all&dispatchMethod=searchAll&isDescending=false&city=&ein1=&postDateFrom=&exemptTypeCode=al&submitName=&sortColumn=orgName&totalResults=1&names=instant+messaging+freedom&resultsPerPage=25&indexOfFirstRow=0&postDateTo=&state=All+States

Thanks,

--

Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com>