2020 Board Meeting

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Feb 26 20:38:22 EST 2020

On 2/25/20 11:14 PM, Richard Laager wrote:
> [Resending from @pidgin.im.]
>
> I somewhat proposed folding last year. I thought we had a consensus that
> if nothing changed by this year, we would take that up more seriously
> this year.
>
> I was already planning to propose folding into a fund at SPI. I think
> that would be an excellent option, if they would have us. Here is their
> HOWTO on that: https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/associated-project-howto/
>
> I’m happy to start the informal discussion with SPI.
>
> A related question will be: would we join as IMF (and keep that
> “project” going) or as Pidgin. I think Pidgin would be a better fit as
> an SPI "Associated Project", but we are currently IMF.

This part in particular I think is best suited for discussion in the
board meeting.  I have no preference of whether we keep the corporation
going or we try to fold into SPI or SFC.  Knowing what would be involved
and what we'd need to do should we choose to try going with SPI would
probably be helpful for the discussion.

John