State of Things

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Thu Dec 1 05:53:39 EST 2022

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 8:00 PM John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> wrote:
> And I believe I'm on record with this in board meeting minutes, but I
> don't care one way or the other whether we fold the corporation into
> some other umbrella organization, continue on, or decide what to do
> with the "war chest" and just dissolve.  I'm on board with whatever
> our consensus is.

As there seems to be some confusion here, the talk about the GNOME
foundation was for where Pidgin would be homed. The idea was that,
while the board has good intentions, we've stated numerous times that
there isn't much motivation or time available to the directors to do
much other than just have the corporation exist. So the idea of moving
Pidgin to the GNOME foundation is to basically to have the GNOME
foundation handle the money (I have no idea what the breakdown is for
Pidgin/Adium/whoever else or that we even know) and allow all the
Instant Messaging Freedom directors to not have to worry about the
corporation anymore.

> John

Thanks,

--