State of Things

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Nov 29 19:51:47 EST 2022

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 4:56 PM Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
> For number 1, I can get Discourse setup tonight so we can try to move
> the mailing list into read-only mode before the December archive hits.
>
> That said, there are some unanswered questions. Do we want to use the
> built in of Discourse or do we want to attempt to tie it into
> hub.imfreedom.org? I haven't looked at how any of this works yet, so I
> can't give a time estimate. Also we need to decide if we're going to
> use the DigitalOcean one click app which I don't believe there is a
> charge for but will need to verified, or if we're going to try and set
> it up ourselves via ansible or something. I'm assuming postgress will
> be running on the host and we'll just use the normal volume backups as
> our backup solution.

I started looking at the 1 click setup and we need a domain to finish
setup.. So, what domain do we want to run this on. I think we should
probably do discourse.imfreedom.org as our other team tools are all
under imfreedom.org. That said, issues and ci were originally named as
such because it's more "discoverable" than youtrack and teamcity, but
I feel like discourse.foo is pretty common now so it should be fine?

Also I see nothing about a charge for a 1-click which seemed silly in
the first place but i wanted to rule it out, you just pay for the node
which will be fine.

Also, I'm going to name the server carrier, unless anyone has any objections.

In the meantime, I'm going to do some cleanup on dodo (the server we
were building to handle all of the email) and remove mailman3 so I can
move it to a cheaper node.

I think that covers just about everything for now, but I'm making
myself a note that I need to get a list of email accounts to forward
and stuff.

--
Thanks,

--