Request: Add Reply-To Header

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Fri Feb 1 15:54:49 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 08:39:24PM +0000, Tom Hennigan wrote:
> Unless people really object, could an admin add a Reply-To header to
> mails sent by the mailing list?
>
> - Tom

While I myself am sometimes guilty of using a substandard mail client,
and thus using reply-all, proper mail clients can be configured to
recognize emails that have been sent to a list and provide a list-reply
to reply to such messages.

Added to that, these emails all come with a List-Id header, which _any_
decent client should be able to filter on.

That being said, I don't really mind adding a reply-to header.  I will
NOT add subject munging.

luke