MXit protocol

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Fri Feb 8 02:15:49 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 12:13 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> Norman Rasmussen wrote:
> > FYI: I've added a stub page for MXit too.  I just copied the yahoo stub
> and
> > changed the links to the MXit wikipedia page, and the current protocol
> > documentation wiki.
>
> I thought MXit was using XMPP?

They're using ejabbed's as their backend servers, but they've firewalled the
standard jabber ports and are using their own protocol to connect from their
java client to some custom gateway.  This makes it impossible to use a
standard jabber client to connect  (Additionally their s2s is down most of
the time for some reason - apparently open federation just isn't safe
enough)

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za