Change to email voting procedures
mark at kingant.net
Sun Dec 8 01:20:35 EST 2013
Alright, please disregard any previous proposals from this email thread.
Here's my revised proposal, with voting to open 1 week from now (I'll send
I move to revise the voting process that we agreed upon in our first board
meeting (the paragraph beginning "The board voted that any proposal" at
https://imfreedom.org/minutes-20070515.php) to the following:
Our voting procedure is as follows:
- Votes may be held either at a board meeting or by email.
- In either case, the proposal will be considered approved or rejected
immediately upon receiving a majority of votes in favor or opposed,
- For votes held at a board meeting, the text of the proposal must be
present in the meeting agenda at least 3 days (72 hours) before the meeting
- For votes held over email, the text of the proposal must be sent to the
board at imfreedom.org mailing list at least 3 days (72 hours) before voting
- For votes held at a board meeting, the voting period is opened and closed
by the chairperson.
- For votes held over email, if an opening time was specified in the
proposal then this time is used so long as the time is greater than 3 days
(72 hours) after the proposal was sent. Otherwise the voting period opens 3
days (72 hours) after the proposal was sent. The voting period closes 7
days (168 hours) after it opens.
This voting procedure shall be used when dealing with the expenditure of
more than a total of 100 USD (either as a one-time cost, or the sum of
recurring expenditures). This voting process may also be used at other
times, as deemed necessary.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Board