Annual Meeting

Gary Kramlich grim at reaperworld.com
Tue Mar 26 00:31:07 EDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019, 21:31 Peter Lawler <relwalretep at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

As for agenda...

> On 26/3/19 11:53 am, John Bailey wrote:
>  > Hello fellow board members!
> *snip*
>  >        * Gary wants to present an update on the address debacle from
>  > last year.
> Hi, I'm new to the board. Please refresh my memory ;)

I've been working with SFLC to get our corporate address fixed as we
haven't had anyone at that address for quite some time now.  That said,
it's still not updated due to a number of reasons, but mostly frustration
in dealing with SFLC.

*snip*
>  >        * Election of board members and officers.
> I'm prepared to need my memory refreshed again (see previous) next year.
>  >        * I'd like to propose IMF disburse $5,000 to Gary to work full
>  > time on Pidgin, Adium, and libpurple for a month.
> I think there's two things here. One, an amount of money for a hacker's
> work for a period of time and the second selecting another party
> (individual or group) as the recipient of such along with what amount of
> time. I want to be clear I'm not opposed to either idea, nor John's
> original on principal. Just think it's possibly two agenda items. By
> splitting it in two I believe it will enable Board Members to discuss
> and contribute to the proposal of disbursement, and then excuse
> themselves from selection process on any possible conflict grounds (ie,
> they'd like to do the hacking), rather than have the Board Member stand
> out the entire procedure. I'd be happy to propose such a two staged
> approach to disbursement.
>
> . I'd like to propose IMF disburse $5,000 to a party (individual or
> group) to work time on Pidgin, Adium, and libpurple for a month.
> . I'd like to propose this year that as soon as practical the IMF
> disburses the monies from the previous proposal to Gary, for the
> purposes of 'work(ing) full time* Pidgin, Adium, and libpurple for a
> month.'
>
> *I have very little comprehension of what defines 'work' and 'full time'
> in the US context. I'm not too sure what is being proposed qualifies as
> work in my country, and use of the phrase full time would endow the
> recipient with other legal entitlements. I must defer some judgment to
> my US board member peers, so if anyone can provide me (better yet, maybe
> this list?) examples of how this works in similar US based hacker
> groups, it'd be appreciated. Don't mean to be a pain, just being dutiful
> as an IMF board member n stuff.

Good call on splitting this up. And in case you or anyone else is not
aware, March 15th was my last day of traditional employment. I have saved
up roughly 6 months worth of salary so that I can focus on imf projects
full time.  Obviously, trying to find a way to make it sustainable in the
mean time.

Catch you (UGT) later,

> Pete.

Thanks,