Annual Meeting

Matthew mathuaerknedam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 23:04:06 EDT 2019

"Full time" is legally irrelevant to this situation. The quick summary
is that: when someone A gives someone B money (> $600) as compensation
for work performed, and B is not the employee of A, then in January of
the next year A issues B a "1099-misc" and files that with the IRS so
that B is liable for paying taxes on the income.

It's probably more complicated than that, but I can only speak from my
own experience as a freelance worker receiving 1099's and filing my
taxes.

--

Matthew