Change to email voting procedures

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Wed Dec 4 19:10:06 EST 2013

When I proposed the voting by email process, the one week time for discussion was quite intentional.

One of my concerns was that discussion can quite conceivably change someone’s mind, and the one week waiting period gives me (as secretary, responsible for counting the ballots) more assurance that the votes are in fact final votes, that is that someone won’t be looking to change their vote an hour or a day later.

If you want to shorten the process, I could agree to a 2 or 3 day waiting period followed by a voting window.

Luke