Paying Tomasz Wasilczyk for security improvements

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Feb 20 21:08:13 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM, William Ehlhardt
<williamehlhardt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but: why is IMF acting as a middleman here at all?

That's a good question.  It sounds like for Google it's easier to make
a donation to us than to pay Tomasz directly.  I don't know the
details.  Also maybe having IMF act as a middleman makes it more
likely that Tomasz will have the greater Pidgin/Adium/libpurple
community in mind when he makes his changes?  Rather than doing
specific work that benefits only one company.