Electing Directors

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Thu Aug 4 12:52:24 EDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM, Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im> wrote:
> All,
>
> We've formed a new board, and we need to elect directors!  Please do
> the following for me:
>
> 1) Let me know if you'd be willing to be an officer.
> 2) Let me know what approximate hours UTC are generally good for you
>    for an online chat (maybe a Google Hangout?) lasting about one
>    hour.  Please be flexible, there are a lot of us and we're in a lot
>    of time zones!

I am willing to serve as President or (preferably) Vice President, as
long as I do not have to endorse any checks or make financial
decisions (as this would be considered a conflict of interest with my
current employer, even though I serve no financial function there).

I can generally be available any Monday through Friday, 2200 UTC until
0300 UTC the following morning and any time at all on Saturday or
Sunday, with the exception of August 5-6 and August 26-29 where I
cannot be available at all.

Additionally, I have some options that we can mull over for holding
the chat.  A Google Hangout would work and I quite like that idea, but
I know that is not necessarily something everyone is willing to work
with.  Alternatively, I can provide access to a Slack team I am owner
of or I can host a conference using Zoom.  The Zoom conference is
primarily a video conferencing platform, but it offers a conference
bridge to dial into and the video is optional if connecting to the web
portion of the conference.  I have the ability to record these
conferences, as well.

John