2021 Board Meeting Invite and Agenda

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun Apr 11 18:49:10 EDT 2021

Board,

Based on the responses to my previous question about when to hold the
meeting, we'll do the board meeting on Saturday, April 17, 2021 at
2300 UTC.  According to my timezone math, that means 7:00 PM US
Eastern or 6:00 PM US Central for those of us in the US and Sunday,
April 18 at 8:00 AM for Peter and 11:00 AM for Eion.

Unless someone has a better option, we'll use Zoom for the meeting
again.  Only I need to be logged in (as the host).  Everyone else can
use just the webapp version unless you're joining from an Android or
iOS device.  The meeting will be recorded, primarily for Gary's
benefit for preparing the minutes, but it will also be posted on the
imfreedom.org website.  The details are here:

Topic: Instant Messaging Freedom 2021 Board Meeting
Time: Apr 17, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88628133280

Meeting ID: 886 2813 3280
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,88628133280# US (New York)
+13017158592,,88628133280# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 886 2813 3280
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kesDMSb1mn

Thus far I have the following for an agenda:

IM Freedom 2021 Board Meeting Agenda

Treasurer’s report from John

Election of officers and board members
    Re-elect all officers to current positions
        President - John Bailey
        Vice President - Matthew Needham
        Secretary - Gary Kramlich
        Treasurer - John Bailey
    Re-elect everyone to the board
        John Bailey
        Matthew Needham
        Gary Kramlich
        Ethan Blanton
        Richard Laager
        Peter Lawler
        Eion Robb
        Colin Barrett

Old Business
    Discussion of revival of charter in Delaware
    Discussion of Amazon Smile
    Infrastructure update from Gary

New Business
    Pidgin has been accepted to the Google Summer of Code, this will be
    primarily driven by Gary and Elliott, but Eion and John will have
    some involvement, being backup organization admins and John being
    the IMF treasurer.  Gary may wish to discuss further.

    Request for reimbursement to Gary for code-signing certificate.

    Request to authorize John to buy and reimburse himself for an Apple
    M1 Mac Mini for assisting Gary in MacOS development and testing.
    Estimating approximately $1200-1250 after taxes and shipping.  We
    want an upgrade from the base model so that it remains useful
    longer and doesn’t succumb to the internal SSD being written to
    death with the base configuration.  John is willing to put $300 in
    personally, plus cover shipping, so IMF expense will be about $900.

    Request for reimbursement to John for two Gandi domain purchase
    orders (Renew pidgin.im, adium.im, and adium.org and purchase
    pidginchat.com) totalling $105.40.

    Amend by-laws to use John’s home address as the legal address of
    the corporation.  (His address is already public record and subject
    to snail mail spam for other reasons, so this isn’t going to cause
    any issues for him.)

If anyone needs to add to the agenda, please reply to the list and not
to me directly.

Thanks,
John