Survey on Multi-Protocol Interface

Mike Oren moren at iastate.edu
Tue Jul 22 23:29:24 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I am a student participating in OpenUsability.org's Season of
Usability<http://season.openusability.org/>this summer working for the
SIP Communicator Project to assess the user
interface in terms of the handling of multiple protocols and presentation of
options to the user. Currently, I am seeking input from users of multiple
protocol instant message clients to determine the ways in which multiple
protocol clients are currently used, the protocol features most important to
users, the importance of features that are exclusive to a single protocol,
and some questions regarding user preferences for the handling of mutiple
protocol communication.

The survey can be found at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bZc5MBeke6GW2HLVFmmVmA_3d_3d and all
will take about 30 minutes to complete the survey. You are free to come back
within a week of starting the survey to finish completing it later or edit

A full report on the results of the survey will be available after the close
of the survey (by August 15th) on the SIP Communicator usability page (
http://www.sip-communicator.org/index.php/Development/ImproveUsability). If
you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at moren[at]
iastate.edu. Please feel free to forward this message on to your contacts
that use multiple protocol messaging client.

Thank you,
Michael A. Oren, M.S.