Spam

John Bailey rekkanoryo at pidgin.im
Thu Jun 10 19:27:19 EDT 2010

On 06/10/2010 12:47 PM, Mark Doliner wrote:
> And we should look into making our mediawiki install more resilient to
> spam.  Do we require users to be logged in?  Can we?  Should we?  Are
> there captcha plugins we can use or something?

We should definitely require users to be logged in if we don't already. I
thought we already had, as I needed to register quite some time ago so I could
edit pages.  Maybe this has changed with package upgrades and whatnot.  I'd
definitely like to see something where an e-mail address is required to be
supplied and verified on mediawiki as well as on trac, as well as any other
useful but not too invasive anti-spam measures we can get working.

John