Mailman issues

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Dec 4 20:19:50 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:58 PM, John Bailey <rekkanoryo at pidgin.im> wrote:
> What I'm saying is the problem is that the List-Id and Return-Path headers
> (among others that I didn't notice last night) have changed.

I'll work on fixing this in a few hours if no one beats me to it.

> Also, gillux reports in the devel at conference.pidgin.im MUC:
> 03:52 < gillux> rekkanoryo, I also noticed commits.pidgin.im changed into
> commits.one.pidgin.im
>
> I do not see this behavior, though, so I'm not sure if there may be a deeper
> issue somewhere.

Yeah, that happened. "one.pidgin.im" was mentioned in
/etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py and it got inserted into some places when I ran
"/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url" to update the
hostnames to use https instead of http. I noticed the problem a day or
three ago, fixed it in mm_cfg.py, and reran withlist to fix it.

I think it should be possible to rerun withlist for our imfreedom
mailing lists and specify the hostname as imfreedom.org. I'm not super
familiar with mailman, but I thought it had some semblance of support
for virtual hosting mailing lists. If true, it seems like running
"withlist -a" should have used the right hostnames for the the
imfreedom.org lists. I'll look into that.